[scribus] Master Pages vs. Templates?

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Oct 10 02:29:04 UTC 2012

John,

What I'm trying to understand is the issue where, as you write, "When
you apply a master page..."

As I understand it, a Master page has to be created. Nowhere does it
say, that I can find, that Master pages are particular for a specific
document. Yet, this is what seems to happen: I can create a Master page
based upon some page formatting, for instance, but when I open another
document and try to "apply" that Master page to another document, even
though I've created it, it doesn't appear in the list of Master Pages.
Only when I open the other document, does the Master Page I created
re-appear.

So, what I'm trying to find out is this how Master Pages are supposed to
function: Are they are specific for each separate document, or am I
experiencing some kind of Windows version bug?

Barry