[scribus] Master Pages vs. Templates?

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Oct 10 02:03:41 UTC 2012

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 17:46:13 -0700
Barry McKenna <bmcken at pobox.com> dijo:

>The differences between a Template and a Master Page?

Think of a template as a whole document that you need to repeat
periodically, but with new content. I have long felt that templates are
really unnecessary. A long time ago I wrote a newsletter that had many
items that were the same from issue to issue. As I started each new
issue I just opened the previous issue, saved under a new filename,
deleted the changeable content, and proceeded to add the new content. I
could have used a template, but it would have ended up being the same.

A master page creates a background for document page(s) in a given file.
When you apply a master page to a document page all the elements on the
master page automatically appear on the document page. Master pages are
handy for sections, chapters, and other material where you want items
on a series of pages, but not on all pages in the file. I often use
master pages for chapters, where I want to change the text on the
header for each chapter.

I don't know if that helped.