[scribus] Master Pages vs. Templates?

Barry McKenna bmcken at pobox.com
Wed Oct 10 05:36:27 UTC 2012

Christen,

w/Scribus v1.4.1, Winx64/sp1

Thanks for the reply.

I am able to use the Import Master Pages dialog and select the Master
Page I want. However, there is no way to retain the settings of the
Master Page selected:

1) The dialog does not offer a confirmation button to save the selected
Imported Master Page settings, so upon closing the dialog with the only
option - the x button on top right - the page reverts to the previous
settings.

2) With the Import Master Pages dialog still open and the Master Page I
want has changed the appearance of the current page, I can save the
page, but the Import Master Pages dialog is still open and must be
closed. When that dialog is closed, the page reverts to the previous
settings and all properties of the selected Master Page from the Import
Master Pages dialog are lost again.

I can not discover any way to retain the properties form the Imported
Master Page for the current document.

Barry