[scribus] Master Pages vs. Templates?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Wed Oct 10 08:19:15 UTC 2012

> I am able to use the Import Master Pages dialog and select the Master
> Page I want. However, there is no way to retain the settings of the
> Master Page selected:

The Master Pages are not show in the document until they are "applied"
to a page. There is a menu item for applying a Master Page to a page.

A Master Page works as a background, it is NOT a page template (as I
suspect you think). If you want page templates, I'd suggest having a
look at the Scribus Scrapbook instead. Or why not create the pages in
a separate "template document" and import pages from that document.

There are a lot of ways to accomplish what you want.

/Peter