[scribus] Master Pages vs. Templates?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Oct 10 12:10:20 UTC 2012

On 10/10/2012 04:19 AM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> I am able to use the Import Master Pages dialog and select the Master
>> Page I want. However, there is no way to retain the settings of the
>> Master Page selected:
>
> The Master Pages are not show in the document until they are "applied"
> to a page. There is a menu item for applying a Master Page to a page.
>
> A Master Page works as a background, it is NOT a page template (as I
> suspect you think). If you want page templates, I'd suggest having a
> look at the Scribus Scrapbook instead. Or why not create the pages in
> a separate "template document" and import pages from that document.

You can create/edit Master Pages with the dialog that appears with Edit
> Master Pages. If you close this dialog you cannot edit Master Pages or
even see them if they haven't been applied anywhere.

You apply Master Pages with Pages > Apply Master Page...
Once you apply a Master Page, it appears as its own layer, but you can't
edit that layer unless you bring up the dialog again with Edit > Master
Pages. Of course, if you change a Master Page, it changes on every page
where it is applied.

Greg