[scribus] Question about page properties

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 11 11:49:22 UTC 2012

hi

> > Here is an idea on how scribus could manage this :
>
> Another idea: to tie layout to the printable area, not the physical
> page itself. Or at least create an option for it.
>
> I.e. when one create a new document he can choose: tie the layout
> to the physical page or the printable area.

printable area = margins?

yes, this would solve some of the issues;
and it could be somehow easy to implement...

mumble mumble mumble...

- switch to "origin at margins"
- apply the new master page
- switch back to "origin at page border" (if needed)

the implementation could be rather simple:
- the "origin at margins" option, which would define a "dynamic" origin
  that respects the way the current page is defined
- if "origin at margins" is active, applying the MP (and maybe other
  actions) should be relative to the page
- "origin at margins" is deactivated as soon as you choose a different
  origin.
- otherwise, scribus would work as usual...

did i get your idea correctly?

ciao
a.l.e