[scribus] looking for a web designer / php developer

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Oct 12 06:12:20 UTC 2012

hi john

> > > It's probably an overkill for such a task, but both Wordpress and
> > > Drupal are perfectly capable of aggregating and displaying feeds
> > > from many sources. You get a nice admin console for that, and
> > > boths systems have advanced caching (e.g. W3 Total Cache plug-in
> > > for Wordpress).
> > >
> > > Needless to say, it's fairly easy to find someone to design a
> > > theme for either Wordpress or Drupal.
> > >
> > > Unless, if course, you really wan that planet engine.
> >
> > it's a very simple (125 lines, all inclusive: list of the feeds +
> > html template) wrapper around simple pie.
> >
> > i don't think that i will switch to 125K lines of wordpress or
> > drupal.
> >
> > for the cache, if nobody is there to help, i will simply generate an
> > html file which will be invalidated after 5 minutes.
> > or something similar...
> > it's probably about 20 lines of code to write...
> >

> > and no need to design a theme... an html page with some css is just
> > enough! :-)
> >

> Not totally sure what I'm signing on for, but I have years of PHP
> programming experience.  Count me in if you need me.

i've finally suceeded in setting up a github repository for the
project (well, it's not technically that difficult, but this implies
also some more preparatory work to check that everything is ok and
describe what i think is the work to do)

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-planet

are you comfortable with the way github works?

if yes, i suggest that your fork the repository and for technical stuff
we communicate through the README file and over pull requests...

... otherwise, we can certainly communicating over emails :-)

have a nice day
a.l.e