[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 55, Issue 30

Ian "Witty" Whitfield editor at federalsaints.net
Sun Oct 14 12:41:42 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 02:00 PM,  Jean-Luc wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, your left and right pages have the same
> left and right margins. But if you prepare a book you will need a
> bigger margin in the center to allow for binding and this shifts all
> the frames to the left on left pages and to the right on right pages.
> By inserting a page, even by applying left and right master pages, all
> frames on the following pages stay where they were before.
>
> Now Greg's script is very cool and solves the problem now, but for
> future versions of scribus i would like what a.l.e proposed, that is
> being able to add this margins after finishing the document, before
> producing the PDF.
>
> Jean-Luc

My requirements are to have the different margins left and right for the
binding.

However John Ghormley gave me an idea and I'm currently experimenting by
having an 'all centered' layout, (but increasing the L and R margins to
allow for the eventual "corrected" margins), for all the prep work. Then
once I've done that I can apply Greg's script which seems to work very
well and I got no errors when I tried it out here.

My one "complaint/suggestion" is the page number requirement - if you
are only doing a few pages it works fine but what if you have a 250 page
book and you add a new page near the front..... You now need to type in
about 150 page numbers!!! Could "end" be added to the script in some way
to avoid this???

IanW
Pretoria SA