[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 55, Issue 30

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Oct 14 16:01:28 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 11:40 AM, Mary Moore wrote:
> I have a question on this.  I have completed one novel about 320 pages
> using Scribus and am at the final stages of another about 383 pages.  I
> already have the commercial print margins I need when I began my layout.
> What I don't know how to do is create left and right master pages where I
> can not only maintain my numbering system but also maintain a uniform text
> box.  When I add pages it keeps my left and right but the text box
> disappears and I have to go page by page to enter another.  Perhaps I am
> not doing it correctly.  I create a text box for the title of the book for
> the right or odd pages and another for the author of the book for the left
> or even pages.  It is a small text box at the top of the page.  I then
> create another text box under that for the chapter content. Please help.

Hi Mary,

It would be good for you to read both Working with Master Pages in the
online manual, but also the article on Page Numbering, so you can
understand how to end up with numbers as you want them.

In your case, you will need more than single Right and Left Master Page,
since you are changing content according to the chapter.

You can duplicate Master Pages, so you don't have to start over for each
one.

Then make sure you understand about the separate process of applying
Master Pages after you have created them.

Greg