[scribus] Printing Doesn't Produce What's In The Scribus Window

Kenneth Bures ken at hekkla.com
Sun Oct 14 16:23:21 UTC 2012

This is my first attempt at using Scribus. I've layed out a document that has text and an eps image on the left-hand half of a letter-size page in landscape mode (eventually I'll put something on the right-hand side too, but this is my first try). When I print it, two things happen: first, the printed image is 1/2 the size indicated by the Scribus rulers. The printer prints in portrait mode, printing on the bottom 1/2 of the page. Of course, since my artwork occupied only the left-hand 1/2 of the letter-sized landscape paper, this printed image occupies only the left 1/2 of the bottom 1/2 of the portrait-printed paper. So my image is 1/2 the size I really want. The second issue is that it prints "Draft" across the middle of the bottom 1/2 of the portrait-printed paper.

I want the artwork to be printed full-size in landscape mode, and I don't want "Draft" there. I can't find anything in the documentation about setting up the printer to print in landscape, or anything about removing "Draft". Can you help?

Ken Bures