[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 55, Issue 30

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Oct 14 17:14:08 UTC 2012

On 10/14/2012 01:04 PM, Mary Moore wrote:
> I thank you for your reply.  I again reviewed the master pages and page
> numbering.  As I said I create two master pages one for the left and one
> for the right.  However on each of these pages I need an additional text
> box for the text of the book itself.  While I can add pages and indicate
> that I need the proper odd and even I have to add the 2nd text box to each
> and every page.  This would not be a problem with a few pages but when you
> are doing several hundred it is quite tedious to copy and paste this 2nd
> text box to each page.  I have gone over the instructions and I hope I am
> missing something but I can't seem to apply my master pages with any more
> then the text box at the top with my numbering.

I'm not sure why you're not putting this repetitive text box on the
Master Pages...?

As I said, you will probably need more than one Right Master Page, for
example, depending on whether the extra text frames are there and what
their content is.

Page > Apply Master Page... is then where you choose where to apply the
appropriate MP to one or a series of pages.

Keep up the spirit, I think you're close to an AHA! moment.

Greg