[scribus] Using Master Pages

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Mon Oct 15 08:32:32 UTC 2012

> for the right.  However on each of these pages I need an additional text
> box for the text of the book itself.  While I can add pages and indicate
> that I need the proper odd and even I have to add the 2nd text box to each
> and every page.  This would not be a problem with a few pages but when you

This is a very common misunderstanding on Master Pages. A Master Page
works as a background for the page.

Content on Master Pages is not editable on the page (yet). And if you
edit the content of the Master Page it is reflected on all pages that
have that Master Page applied to them.

To get text frames on each page you can use automatic text frames
(that feature will create a text frame the size of the margins for
each page inserted) or the scrapbook.

I think you could also duplicate pages, but both the scrapbook and the
duplicate page way would still need linking of the text frames.
Automatic text frames link the frames automatically (as far as I
remember).

/Peter