[scribus] workgroup for an RTL project

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Sep 21 09:13:30 UTC 2015

hey alex,

> Anyway, if people want to be secretive about this project, who am I to
> object? :) As long as new contributors deliver, everyone's happy, I suppose.

i also want to know what is going on!

that's why i'm looking for people helping out on the scribus side.
for now, nobody really feels in charge and their mails and requests seem
to be left unanswerred.
so if we want to know what is going on, we have to ask!

btw, i'm not sure that respecting other people privacy (and refraining
from publishing names and email addresses in a mailing list without
asking them first) should be called "secretive".
(you know, sometimes it's hard to get an idea to be realized in a
university; and you don't want to see inexact information being spread
by other people in the internets).

personally, i like the idea that a computer science class is going to
work on open source, scribus, and RTL, and i want to help them succeed.
as far as i can.
if you want to help, you're welcome.
if you want to write an article about it, you'll probably have to wait a
bit longer... hopefully only very little longer!
or directly ask the person who has launched the project (in the case you
don't have his name and address in your inbox (anymore), i've forwarded
you the email where i see you in the CC...)

for now only kunda has shown his interest in helping out.
that's not much, but very welcome!

i guess that somebody has to do the first steps (and i have done some in
early summer myself; kunda and andreas also already worked on this)...
and hope that other people will join when we will have more information
and this "RTL project" starts rolling.

so we now have a tiny working group and the next task will be to answer
the last email a few  "scribus people" received two weeks ago!

have a nice day
a.l.e