[Scribus] New to the list...

PLinnell mrdocs
Mon Sep 5 22:30:24 CEST 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 19:20, Manuel V?zquez Acosta wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I'm new to Scribus and to the list. My interest on Scribus is on
> development. I'm writing on behalf of currently small team of
> developers which could grow in the next few months. We are working
> for newspapers and press agencies, and some of our work includes a
> program like Window's QuarkXPress or PageMaker. It seems Scribus is
> that program. But we need to extend it in some ways, specially
> integrating it to our workflow system.
>

> What we need is some directions in the arquitecture and
> organization of the code. Does anybody knows where to find it? Does
> anybody can help us?
>

> Best regards and thanks
>
> Manuel.

Hi,

There is some older API docs when you download CVS, but they are
probably out of date already.

Some general thoughts:

We on the team use IRC a *lot*. So, getting on-line with us can be
very helpful.

http://docs.scribus.net has a section for developers. There are docs
on the scripter API, as well as writing plugins and the 1.2.x file
format. This might be a good start point for your plans.

We have basically frozen development on 1.2.x, and now treat it as a
stable code base. Only bug fixes and minor non-invasive features are
backported.

The 1.3.x series is current under very heavy development and is not
stable for production use. The 1.3.x roadmap is here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/1.3.x_Roadmap

I hope that helps,

Peter