[Scribus] CYMK problem

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed Sep 7 17:17:01 CEST 2005

Cor Pernot a ?crit :

> Hi,
>
> I am in the final phase of letting the print shop make the hardcopies of the
> Journal issue I made with Scribus (1.2.2.1, 05 July 2005 C-C-T).
> The inside are 64 pages in black and white but the cover is in full color. On
> the cover I have a photograph and a logo, both in jpg format.

Hi Cor,

I?d suggest you use TIFF (cmyk) format (or EPS) instead of JPEG (please
read the docs about the formats for more).
Converting the image format might be done into GIMP (I?m not familiar
with GIMP, so I can't tell for sure).
Then, you make your PDF. You can read the docs for more on this.

One thing that worries me is the last part of your message about the
XPress "translation"... Does that mean the printer intends to import
your PDF into Quark for output? If so, I urge you to ask for a "final
proof" before printing (you should get one anyway). It's better to find
a "surprise" on a proof (which is the purpose of a proof) than finding
out when the job is done.

HTH

Louis