[Scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.2.3 Released

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Sep 14 01:03:47 CEST 2005

The Scribus Team is pleased to announce the release of Scribus 1.2.3 -
Open Source Page Layout. The Scribus team urges all users and distros
to use this latest stable release. The 1.2.3 release is focused on
minor enhancements, bugfixes and additional documentation.

Building on the 1.2.2.1 version released in July, 1.2.3 refines the
1.2 series with many fixes and some enhancements :

Scribus now supports the proposed openicc specification for color
management profiles.

The 1.2.3 release also adds updated English documentation, along with
many updated GUI translations.

Many locale and Unicode fixes and enhancements

After this release, the Scribus team will concentrate work on the
1.3.x development series, with a release of 1.3.1 imminent. We will
continue to maintain the 1.2.x series, and already are working on
version 1.2.4, with further enhancements to come.

The Scribus Team would also like to thank Anduin.net/?verby Consulting
and n at work GmbH, Hamburg for gracefully sponsoring our Scribus
Documentation site, our Bug Tracker and Anonymous CVS server. Also, a
note of thanks to University of Salford - School of Media, Music and
Performance for providing continued hosting of www.scribus.net and
upgrading the server hardware.

Getting Scribus 1.2.3:

You can:

Download source tarballs and document templates and some rpms from our
Sourceforge Download page http://scribus.sourceforge.net

Visit the downloads page on http://www.scribus.org.uk for the same.

Download from our Scribus Docs mirror. http://docs.scribus.net

For Debian and Ubuntu repositories, visit Scribus Debian Repository.
http://debian.scribus.net

The Scribus Team would also like to thank the many end users, testers
and contributors to making this our finest release to date.