[Scribus] Scribus 1.3.1.cvs - failure of make

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Sep 22 20:16:42 CEST 2005

Hi Craig,

> Dont use the snapshot. Use CVS.. make dist is broken by that UI directory and
> the tarballs do not include the correct files.

Why is it provided as the version for testing before the release of
1.3.1 then? Will the tarball be updated with the correct files?

> I still fail to understand why
> a Linux user would use anything but CVS given the reduction in file download
> time, and the exacting instructions on docs.scribus.net.

Well, in my case, I have currently to use Windows for Internet since I
had to remove the ISDN card from my PC after a hardware update and use
the device of the phone company instead - with no Linux drivers in
sight. I have tried a half dozen cvs clients for Win and all of them
seem to convert Unix line feeds to DOS or do other odd things. I haven't
been able to build *any* cvs checkout done under Win. So I have to use
the tarballs instead.

Cheers,

Christoph