[scribus] Converting Scribus files to PDF

stu seven stu7seven at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:52:29 CEST 2008

On 5/7/08, laura finger <laurafinger19 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone give me some tips on exporting files from Scribus to PDF?  I've
> tried to save two of my files into PDF, using PDF version 1.4 or higher as
> the Wiki states.

     Hi Laura - if you have Scribus installed correctly, after you save
your file as  filename.sla  you should click the PDF icon on the menu
bar at top of screen... if you see no PDF icon, use: file / save as  and
select PDF.  This is how to save to PDF from Scribus.

     You can then view the PDF file... but... as the other replier said,
you cannot open the PDF file itself for editing... with very few exceptions,
PDF is a final format, intended only for viewing.