[scribus] Blending images in 1.40

Marco Boeringa marco at boeringa.demon.nl
Tue Jul 21 13:48:34 CEST 2009

John,

I don't know exactly what you mean with "blending", but it is possible
to set a transparency level on an image in Scribus (both 1.3.3.13 and
1.3.5 support it). I have succesfully "blended" a JPEG imported image
with a gradient fill background with Scribus by setting a 30% opacity
level on the image. Looks really good, you just don't have the advanced
blending options like in Photoshop ("normal","overlay" etc...)

It is just not so obvious, but if you select your image, and than open
the "Properties" window, and select the Colors TAB, you can than select
the "bucket" and set an "Opacity" value. Although you may not have
expected this, it will also set the transparency of an image.

Marco