[scribus] portable Scribus

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Wed Jul 29 01:12:04 CEST 2009

Gian wrote:
> I had tried almost anything:
>  From command line with console - no way, doesn't even open the
> console
> New user after having renamed the user's folder something else, - it
> crashes with exception violation.
>
> Now, I cannot see why the same folder structure works on usb and not
> on
> the user's desktop.
> There must be something that is being written somewhere... but
> where?

Don't rename the old user folder. Leave it alone and create an
entirely new user from the ground up. That will now become this
user's \Documents and Settings folder. If Scribus works for an
entirely new user, just move data over from the corrupted \Documents
and Settings folder of the old user.

Let us know if you have any better luck. Did Scribus install for All
Users?
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 Standard, Deluxe Edition