[scribus] Scribus-SCIM Indic Language input issues : absolute beginners' talk

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Wed Jul 29 06:48:32 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:42:47 +0530
narayana sarma <samanarayan at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> We are looking up to scribus to publish books in Telugu (Indic
> Language 'te')..
>
> It looks like Scribus is not yet fully equiped to take SCIm
> input.. or is it?  We are not able to get even one 'proper'
> letter out.  Is there something we are missing out completely?
[...]

Unfortunately, the problem is deeper than that: Scribus is not
currently able to handle Indic languages (ones requiring complex
text layout) properly.

Various people are working on fixing this, but a coordinated
effort will probably start only after the release of 1.3.5,
and we are probably looking at least at Nov. for even a first
release. Once things are under way, you can help by providing
bug reports for Telugu and other Indian languages, even if you
are unable to contribute coding work.

Regards,
Gora