[scribus] cannot open or load data

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Sun Aug 1 18:39:06 CEST 2010

Jeanette wrote:

> Thank you all for your suggestions and help attempts!
> Might be a OS problem.
> I know Vista isn't the best, but for now, I won't be able to
> upgrade. I
> need to finish a broschure right now, so I'll have to find another
> way
> (like using the remote desktop connection to my university's
> server...which has the disadvantage of being way slower).
> Still,  if anyone has any further idea how to solve my problem with
> Scribus and Vista, let me know!
> Thanks again for trying!

I doubt Vista itself is the problem. You certainly aren't the only
Vista user using Scribus, so if Vista were the problem, we'd be
getting similar feedback from these other Vista users. We've even
had a post from another Vista user who has no such problem.
Vista-bashing is an indoor sport, often done by people who have
never used it or even seen it. The biggest problem with Vista was
that it was resource-hungry, which made it a dog on computers
without enough RAM or CPU power.

Sorry I have no idea what's causing your problem. I had Vista for a
couple of years but that computer died an early death. I do have
Windows 7 on one computer and a couple of computers with XP, but I'm
primarily a Linux user and don't have Scribus installed on these
Windows computers.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
--Judy M.
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786
Being productive with VectorLinux 6.0 SOHO Release Candidate