[scribus] From: "a.l.e", Subject: Re: re Jan de Weerd Inquiry: text into Scribus

Michael F. Chamness michael at chamness-machina.com
Thu Aug 5 09:53:29 CEST 2010

  I'm sorry, I wasn't clear about using the desktop. I don't put images
into a Scribus file on the desktop, rather I use the desktop
like...well, like a desktop! I just park the images directly onto the
desktop in a clear space, then use "get image" in Properties to suck
them into my Scribus document, and then go to print (Brother MFC 240C -
great printer, I bought two used at $29.95 each, ink cartridges  - 4 of
them, on Amazon.com sometimes at 30¢ each, and approx. 400 copies each)
then remove images from the desktop to the BULLETIN folder in My
Documents. I park everything into folders in My Documents, and move it
to Linux to use there also, using thumb drives - sneaker net. The
Brother MFC 240C can be a bit tricky to set up in OpenSUSE Linux, but it
eventually works using the lpd rpm driver format.

Michael F. Chamness
618 - 2nd Street
Montpelier, North Dakota 58472
(701) 489-3638