[scribus] Warning: PDF included

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Fri Dec 23 11:29:29 UTC 2011

Am 23.12.2011 11:37, schrieb ale rimoldi:
> hi rolf,
>
>> Yes, I want a warning, but I'd like to know what I'm warned for :-)
>>
>> Up to now, it just says "beware" - but what would I have to take care
>> of?
>
> you're basically right.
>
> the problem is that embedded PDFs are currently only supported in a
> "experimental" way... or through external tools.
>
> scribus can't really guess what could be wrong.
>
> scribus 1.5 already has a much better handling of PDFs, so i don't
> think that we should spend too much time on that issue.
> if there is an improvement which is simple to implement, let's go for
> it.
> otherwise, let's make 1.5 rock!
>
> have fun
> a.l.e

Yes, thanks for all your answers on this, guys.

I know now what could go wrong (colours for instance). As Gimp wasn't
able to open that PDF directly, I printed it into a PS file and opened
that in Gimp instead.

Then I exported it with 600 dpi into a jpg. The result is quite ok for
two A4 pages (A3 landscape), at least Scribus shows that as default size
when I import it. When I view it with 400 %, the details still appear
sharp enough.

If you're curious which pdf I mean: it's the London Tube map from their
website.

Regards

Rolf