[scribus] CMYK conversion

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Oct 3 12:53:00 UTC 2012

hi

> > If the newest version of Scribus include a conversion to CMYK that
> > offers any real control of resultant color, I would certainly like
> > to know about it.
>
> This idea is very interesting.
> Conversion to CMYK can be an accuracy-loosing process.
> This is handy, since it is automatic, but it is often frustrating.
>
> In this process, the algorythm has to do choices,
> that could be done differently.
> It would be very pleasant and user-empowering to give the user
> some control on how is the conversion to cmyk is done
> (with visual-feedback before choosing).

well, i think that the easiest way to do this is to correctly use the
icc color profiles...

as far as i can understand it, you will then see on your monitor what
will come out of the printer...

i think that your sorrows on color conversion concern pictures, am i
right? in this case, if you want more control (and preview) i think
that you will have to convert the picture cmyk in a photo editor..

or am i missing something?

ciao
a.l.e