[scribus] Question about page properties

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Oct 11 15:46:08 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 10:52 AM, Mary Moore wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I too have had problems with page numbering.  I have used scribus for 2
> novels.  This first I was very new to scribus for the first novel so it was
> really trial and error.  I have just finished a second book for 383 pages.
> I think i had to create about a dozen master pages.  I too had problems
> when I inserted pages where I did not want page numbers to appear.  This
> threw off my master pages and the odd master was on the even and vice versa.
>
> While I could insert double blank pages, it causes the book to look
> uneven.  ie why is there a blank page all of a sudden.  Plus a commercial
> printer charges per page so it also cost me money.
>
> I really like scribus overall but admit this has been a real issue for me.

It seems like the problem should be simpler than this. It's not that
difficult, for example to have introductory material with a Roman
numeral system, then start Arabic numerals somewhere later with page 1.
If you don't want a page number, then a Master Page without it should be
possible (and you can always superimpose a frame with a white background
over the number so it's not visible), so that's only maybe 3 or 4
different MP's. A dozen seems more than necessary for a novel.

Greg