[scribus] Re Tables in Scribus 1.4.1

Duane G Canaday sunny51dc at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:16:21 UTC 2012

On 10/29/2012 02:10 PM, Duane G Canaday wrote:
> This is strange. All at once when I try to insert a table all I get is
> what appears to be a text box.
> Is anyone else seeing this?
>
> Duane Canaday
>
> I may try my other Scribus in PCLinuxOS later this week.
> Right now I am finishing a newsletter in XP and noticed this.

In 1.4.1 and earlier, tables are just a collection of text frames with
some special properties. If you made a table of one row and one column,
it would mostly be indistinguishable from a text frame.

Greg

Thanks for the explanation.
What I was seeing was regardless of how many columns or rows I asked
it to make it only made a box with 1 row and 1 column, which was  just
like a text frame.

It turned out to not be problem as after I reported it here I switched
to using guides to do what I wanted to do and that proved to be a
simpler solution.

Duane Canaday